Wednesday, June 9, 2021

may reading

I did a reading with Masakhane Center on the 28th! It was fun! I learned of many exciting artists that I will list here. Another exciting thing about the reading was that I actually read through all of what I wanted to- I didn't hold back! :)

Here are the cool people:


Marina Carreira

After she read, I knew I wanted to buy her books. 

I loved her disembodied pussy poems!

you can follow her @savethebathwater on instagram


Patricia Cortado

Shared poetry that was beautifully woven together and also her work as an activist for Newark in protecting the water and stopping Newark from being a dumping ground.

see her work @cleanwaterforNewark on instagram


Radio Decay

Parsons is someone I worked with during my Masakhane internship, and I did not know he could sing! He has a great voice and is part of a group called Radio Decay.

I highly suggest checking them out on bandcamp at radiodecay.bandcamp.com


Rather Be Giraffes

We were also treated to a recorded performance by Rather Be Giraffes that was beautiful and intricate. They are an all gender a capella group from Brandeis University that I hope to hear more songs from.


Lastly, The IZM, (certainly not least) dj'd and he had me dancing my ass off when the camera wasn't on, but I was a little shy when it was on. It's hard to describe how beautiful what The IZM gave and is! I recommend checking him out and you can follow his instagram @the_izm3000


There was also a slam poet who was tearing it up, but sadly, I do not have where you can find him! His name was Adam. You can still check out the recorded performance on Masakhane's instagram @masakhane.


And shout out to Ally, an ineffably fabulous person and artist who did some fundraising art. Follow them @sobgoblindraws, please! And shout out to JV, a beautiful person who was our host! You can follow JV @jvulva :D (highly recommended)

No comments:

Post a Comment

The handshake 2